Sentosa, a human-made island on the southern tip of Singapore, went through explosive resort developments for locals and tourists. A visit to the island is a great way to escape the bustling city life and experience a relaxing vacation. While you can make a day trip to the island, our recommendation is to stay at least a night on the island. Here are our top 4 resort picks where you can decompress.
Resorts World Sentosa
Sentosa is home to the biggest resort in Singapore, Resorts World Sentosa. The resort offers new and exciting experiences to both families and those looking for night entertainment. The resort is one of the few places where you can gamble legally. The casino is located on the lower floor of the Crockfords Tower Hotel.
By employing the services of the world’s top gaming equipment developers, these resorts have packaged tools to deliver new exciting gaming extravaganza. There are more than 500 gaming tables where one can play poker, roulette, craps, slots, bingo, and blackjack.
The resort makes use of the Genting Rewards Alliance Program which allows members to accumulate and redeem Genting points in any of their branches worldwide. Membership cards are available for platinum, silver, gold and classic tiers. When you spend with these cards, you accrue Genting points that you can redeem for some of the casino’s entertainment and relaxation offers.
While the casino interior screams luxury, there is no need for you to dress up. You can dress casually to enter and enjoy the games. You may even notice patrons wearing flip flops and tank tops. If you are a Singaporean resident or citizen, entry into the casino requires a fee of $100 per day. Foreigners do not need entry fee but are required to show their travel documents. You can simply bring an immigration office stamped passport. Above all, anyone wishing to enter the resort must be of above 21 years.
In recent years, the casino has lowered the minimum bets requirement. In roulette, for example, the minimum stake is $4.
Furthermore, photography is prohibited if you are caught taking pictures, the camera will be confiscated and photos deleted. Finally, smoking is only allowed inside the casino at designated smoke zones. Refrain from smoking anywhere as the fines in Singapore are very steep.
Gambling is not the only fun thing to do here. You can enjoy the sumptuous Asian dishes inside the casino. Start at the Prosperity Court and enjoy Hokkaido Scallop Bouillabaisse soup. Next, drop by Feng Shui Inn and enjoy a plate of fried rice and shrimp wontons. Top it up with the Azuka drink at the Casino Royal Bar while enjoying the comfy interior where there are big-screen TVs and the luxurious seats to help you relax.
Marine Life Park
For those traveling with family, S.E.A. Aquarium is a great experience to learn about marine life. The aquarium is home to an array of sea creatures such as dolphins, leopard wrasse, shark species. It houses more than 1,000 marine species.
If you are looking for a more physical adventure, you can visit the Adventure Cove Waterpark where you can cool off. Both of these places are must-visit places.
Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa
Gambling may not be for everyone. If you are looking to get away and relax, this resort is more of your spot. Here’s a look at some of the fun-filled activities you can do.
– Visit the Luna spa: Receive skin care consultation and choose from a body massage, facial, manicure, or lavender treatment. Once you are done with your treatments, you can soak in the warm sauna and let the water help you unwind and detoxify.
– Explore the Amara Heritage trail and immerse into the stories from Singapore’s past. This is a great way to learn about Singapore’s past even before it became a country!
– Attend the wings of time concert: a fantastic way to cap off your night under the fresh sea breeze from the sea. The show makes use of fire, water, laser, and music to put up awe-inspiring acts.
– Visit the beaches: the resort is close enough to the beach, let the sea revitalize you. You will be able to enjoy all the classic beach activities like kayaking, volleyball, and relaxing under the sun.
Capella Singapore Resort
This resort is proximal to both the beach and the tropical forest. If you love to bond with nature, this is the place for you. Here are some of our favorite things to do at the Capella Resort.
– Visit the Auriga spa: unwind by getting a distress message, enjoy the hot showers and the beverages.
– Visit the floating bridge at Siloso Beach: go on a shaky fun ride, take photos and enjoy the view of southeast Asia and Palawan beach
– Visit fort Siloso: take the cable car to the fort, and in addition to getting insight into Singapore’s colonial past, you’ll get a fantastic view of the island, the nature trail, the beach and more.
Shangri-La’s Rasa Resort
With a private beachfront, this resort is jam-packed with lots of fun activities to do. It has a kids club that can take care of your children while you and your spouse get out on a short romantic gateway. You can go kayaking or swimming or visit the spa.
Given the location and amenities, this is a perfect resort for families. Our favorite activity is visiting Mega Adventure Park. You will be able to zip line across the jungle canopy to the beach while enjoying the breath-taking view. Other adrenaline rush activities include the mega climb, the mega jump and beach volleyball.
The resorts mentioned above are just a sample of what is there on this island. The island is jam-packed with lots of fun things to do. Being the home to the most refreshing beaches in Singapore, it keeps attracting visitors over and over. Be it for gambling, family vacation or to enjoy the exciting nightlife, this place has something for you.